Are you looking for the perfect game day snack?
Well look no further my friends because this Light Buffalo Chicken Dip is going to be a show stopper this Super Bowl Sunday!
I do love buffalo wings but they can be messy. This dip has all the flavor of your beloved buffalo chicken wings, but it is in dip form so it is easy to eat with your hands without needing an entire face/hand wipe down afterwards.
As I mentioned previously, I’m not a big football fan but I am a big football food fan (say that ten times fast). And one of my favorite things to eat while I am watching a football game are dips. You can fill your plate up and just munch as the game goes on.
On of the things I don’t like about munching in front of the tv is that you usually eat way too much and feel not so great later. But with this Light Buffalo Chicken Dip you can eat guilt free because it is made with light ingredients. I also like to serve this dip with carrot and celery sticks to complete the buffalo theme, but good old tortilla chips make a great dipper too!
It is so easy and fast to make that it won’t take up any of your time watching the game or chatting with friends. Just keep your crockpot on warm throughout the game so people can keep going back for more.
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 25 ounces canned chicken, drained (or you can use 4 cooked and shredded chicken breast
- Place the cream cheese in your crockpot stoneware. Place the stoneware in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds or longer to soften the cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is softened, add in the sour cream, Frank’s, and vinegar and mix until smooth.
- Add in the canned or cooked chicken and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 1 hour and when you are read to serve switch it to warm.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and tortilla chips.